My Tattoos & Their Meanings.

Hiiiiiii!

A few weeks ago I finally plucked up the courage to get permanent ink on my skin, you know…it's literally never coming off. For about a year and a half I'd had these tattoo ideas and after much stressing and sweating I finally got them done. For one thing, the pain is literally not bad at all and that's what I was worried about most, palms were sweaty, knees weak, arms were heavy (thank you, Eminem). But I don't think many people apart from my pals know exactly why I got what I got, so I'm going to tell you whether you like it or not, whether you really give two shits or not, YOU'RE GOING TO KNOW.

Firstly, the tattoo on the side of my wrist… 






















(I took these photos when it was first done, I can't seem to get a good one right now and I can't put myself through the stress of taking a good one, IT'S STRESSING ME OUT, MAN)

Okay, so I was originally going to get three generic hearts, one for my mum, one for my dad and one for my brother. Then I was like, no I want them to mean more to me than just that! So I got them all to draw a heart each, it goes my mum, dad and then my brother at the bottom. They aren't the neatest things in the world but I don't care one little bit, they drew them and I'll always have a tiny little piece of them literally on me forever and I love that! They could've turned out looking like acorns or something but they didn't, they look like hearts and that's good enough for me. I just wanted them to do something for me because my family are my life, any little thing like this just makes me feel all warm inside. Cute, I'm cute as frick.

Secondly, the tattoo on my inner forearm… 


Do you recognise these lyrics? Maybe. They're from 'Beside You' by 5 Seconds of Summer. Now I didn't get this tattoo for the purpose of 5SOS, they might be my favourite band but I just wouldn't personally get a tattoo dedicated to a band. Back in January/February last year this song was the first I heard by them and immediately this lyric stuck out, I didn't really know who they were at this point so for me to immediately be like "I WANT THIS LYRIC ON MY BODY" means it must've meant a lot, right? Yes it does! 'My heart wants to come home' for me this means that wherever I am in the world my heart will always hold a special place for home, my family and everything about where I'm from. I'm leaving for University and you know I'll look down at my arm whenever I'm missing home, my heart might want to be home but I'll be living my dream, but everyone will know that home has such a special place in my heart. I must thank 5 Seconds of Summer for creating one of the most beautiful lyrics to come into my life. And I absolutely dig the font I chose, it's like a broken typewriter font and I love it so much. 

I still look at my arm and I'm like wow, man, I've got two fricken cute tattoos on me forever with lovely meanings and I really love them so much. 

TATTOOS RULE. 


No comments